The magic began when Rick Finch met Henry Stone (TONE Disributors/TK Records Owner/President/CEO) through introductions by house producers and writers at TK, who had seen the potential in Finch and thought he would be a good fit for the company. As TK’s budding teenage prodigy, Finch established himself as an engineering genius, recording over 127 45 RPM singles before the age of 17, including recording miscellaneous album tracks for the Allman Brothers.. and Mother’s Finest.
Finch eventually met part-time Tone Distributor stockroom clerk & phone receptionist Harry Wayne Casey. Their first succesful songwriting collaboration ("Rock Your Baby") was a hit for TK artist, George McCrae, and from there, KC and the Sunshine Band - co-founded by Finch and Casey (which was originally a studio concept nurtured by Henry Stone) was born.
Finch played a significant role in changing the sound and direction of 20th Century pop music and his influence is felt on many of today's recordings.
To his credit, he has:
* Over 150 million recordings worldwide
* Twelve Grammy nominations
(including three Producer nominations on the first round 2010 Grammy Award Ballot)
* Three Grammy Awards
* One American Music Award
* 14 BMI Songwriter/Arranger Awards
* Gold, Platinum and Multi-Platinum awards
* 17 #1 pop singles - including four #1 singles in one12-month period
* Three crossover #1 hits and two albums achieving triple platinum status
The catchy, legendary music co-created, produced and arranged by Rick Finch has been utilized thousands of times in both sales media and entertainment projects throughout the world.
The signature Rick Finch’s bass lines and drum grooves are known worldwide as an industry standard and staple in the Hip Hop industry, sampled by artists such as 50 Cent, Snoop Dogg, Ultra Nate and Beyoncé, just to name a few.
Keeping the groove alive as only he knows how, "The Original Bass Funk King" continues his tradition of creating smooth, dancible, timeless music which he set the standard for back in the 70's. More than 30 years later, Finch’s same passion, drive, meticulous attention to detail and unwavering dedication lives on and is reflected in every production.
* Voting/Nominating member of The National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences (NARAS) - The Grammy Awards
* Member of the American Federation of Television and Radio Artists (AFTRA)
* 2009 Spokesperson for"Feel Teal" - Ovarian Cancer Awareness / GO Research (Australia)
* 2011 Nominee - Songwriter Hall of Fame